Employer: Brentwood Capital Advisors LLC
Industry: Investment Banking
Location: Nashville, TN
Preferred Start Date: Immediate
The Investment Banking Associate position at Brentwood Capital Advisors (“BCA”) participates in a broad range of investment banking services and transaction types, including M&A advisory and equity and debt financing assignments. Associates are given a high level of responsibility and are intimately involved in all aspects of an investment banking assignment, including origination (idea generation, relationship building with owners and executive management, and development and delivery of transaction proposals to management and boards of directors) and execution (creating client marketing materials and transaction overview documentation, spearheading transaction analyses, assisting clients in due diligence and document negotiation). As an Associate develops a mastery of fundamental skills, he or she is encouraged to seek increasing responsibility within the firm.
Applicants should show a strong desire to join a collegial, growing, fast-paced workplace, exhibit a high level of resourcefulness, and be comfortable working under time constraints.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the execution of M&A and financing transactions, financial modeling, industry and comparable company analysis;
- Preparing presentations regarding BCA’s qualifications and strategies for potential client engagements;
- Analyzing the fundamentals of companies and markets;
- Extensive valuation analyses and building of financial models in support of a wide range of transaction structures, including full or majority sales, leveraged buyouts, minority recapitalizations and capital raises;
- Preparing buyer, lender or investor presentation materials;
- Training, managing and mentoring analysts; and
- Actively participating in client meetings.
Candidates should possess:
- Either (i) MBA Degree with experience in M&A or Investment Banking or (ii) Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and minimum of three (3) years of experience in M&A or Investment Banking preferred;
- Knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures of accounting and finance;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including analyzing and interpreting financial statements;
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities; and
- Proficiency in required software applications, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.